Rough days at work can really wreak havoc on your life. It’s so easy for one day’s happenings to wipe you out. It makes you feel incapable being successfully in your career. And the feeling lasts for days sometimes weeks, sapping you of all your joy and creative energy, you move for the feeling of substance to survival.
Hi and welcome back to BarrWorld.com were we are looking at the things that are keeping you from achieving your goals and the greatness that is within you.
There’s a good new, bad news truth moment going on here. First the bad news, Murphy will arrive and screw up your plans, and he usually brings a lot of “reasons” why you can have your dreams or your goals are not reasonable.
The good news is that there’s a way to keep the bad days from knocking you out! You might be beat up but you are not down for the count. You can actually come out of a bad day or week and turn it around for the better so that in the following days you can be back on you’re A-game. And it all has to do with sharpening your mind before bed so it’s 100% renewed by morning.
Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do! – Robert Schuler
1. Meditation or Prayer. Meditation or prayer is a simple, effective way to give your mind clarity so you’re equipped to handle any of life’s challenges.
· Put in one of your favorite relaxing music and just be quiet for 30 minutes to an hour.
· Get a warm cup of coffee and a quiet place where you can thank God for the good things and people in your life. (My favorite)
· Fill your tub with water, add a few drops of lavender, and just allow yourself to soak in the quiet relaxation of your bathroom.
2. Watch some comedy. One of the reasons you feel overwhelmed and unable to work effectively after a rough day is stress. You may not be able to identify a particular stressor, but the overwhelmed feeling you having is likely due to stress.
And what’s the best way to eliminate the effects? Get some laughs!
· Rent a comedy and watch it from beginning to end. Focus on the movie, part of getting reason to watch the movie is to clear you mind about the day’s events. You’re going to experience better clarity and sharpness like never before once you’re done!
· Call up some friends. Getting together with friends for a laid back evening and share some heartfelt laughs can bring you back to the reality that things are not as bad as you thought. You’ll feel recharged and ready to take on the world.
3. Exercise your brain. Putting your brain to work on things outside of work is another great way to get your mind ticking again. Spend time with your hobby or do something that keeps your mind active. The mind is one of those tools that works better when engaged, so go ahead and engage it!
· Pick up a crossword puzzle or spend some time figuring out a few Sudoku games.
· Read an engaging book on a topic you’re interested in.
· Build something. An evening in the shop turning perfectly good lumber into sawdust is a great way of refocusing your mind on something else than the thing that is causing you stress. Just remember to be safe. ( my other favorite)
· Play a physical game or sport that requires intense hand-eye coordination, as such games engage the mind as well. Computer games do not count.
4. Choose your comfort food wisely. There are certain types of foods that are great for sharpening the mind and giving you energy. In fact, if you had been eating them during the course of that rough day, you’d probably have come out ahead instead of feeling like you’re on the brink of a breakdown!
· Foods and beverages rich in antioxidants are known to have very healthy benefits for the brain. Fill up on green tea as well as fruits and vegetables so your mind can return to a state of sharpness.
· More and more, science is revealing that omega-3 fatty acids are effective at promoting brain health. You can find omega-3 fatty acids in certain types of fish like salmon, tuna, sardines and trout.
So there you have it some pretty easy ways to regroup and prepare you and your mind for any challenges life throws at you. If you use theses as part of your daily routine, you will ensure that your mind is sharp and ready to take on the challenges.
With very little effort, any issues threatening to make your day disastrous can be brushed aside as minor distractions! Rough days are going to happen, so being prepared and having some coping mechanisms in place will reduce the stress and keep you mentally sharp
Having some rough days? Leave a comment and tell me how you cope.
God Bless and Chat soon