It’s really easy to get in routine and move our whole life to autopilot. And then one day you’re your routine gets changed and you shake your head and say “How did I get here?”
Hello again and thank you for taking the time to read the articles. I hope you’re getting as much out of them as I am in writing them. Today I’d like to talk about your intentions and how they need to be purposeful or you’ll end up somewhere you had no intention of being.
Although we’re all trying to make our way through life, it’s sometimes interesting to look at how conscious we are about what we’re doing and the direction we’re headed. You can see this with people you talk to. If you can get them talking about their long term goals, you will see if their intentions line up with their expectations. Then watch their actions, to see if they match up.
Sometimes they match up but most of the time they don’t. You know the type; they talk about getting a better education but wouldn’t take to time to see what is involved. The person that talks about saving for retirement but they continue to spend more than they make. The people that are going to quit smoking, but run to the door at the first chance they get to have a smoke.
Now before we start to feel superior and get all high and mighty and look down on these “poor unfortunate souls” Let’s be honest, WE HAVE ALL DONE IT AND PROBABLY ARE STILL DOING IT.
When we started this adventure about looking beyond who we are today and exploring who we want to be in the future by making goals for ourselves, we understood that the status quo was not acceptable any longer. We wanted a change.
So with that in mind we wrote out our goals. Big goals, for some of us HUGE goals that will make our life better, more rewarding and fulfilling. We intend to work on our goals and make things happen for us.
To be successful we need to change our old intentions to new ones that support our goals and dreams. So let’s look at how our intentions, changes our life because when you intend to do something, you’re much more likely to do it.
Do you know what your intentions are?
Here are some reasons why you might want to figure yours out today:
1. Intentions are powerful. When you intend to do something, you begin to set up your time and situations so you can make it happen. In essence, when you know your intentions, it brings you power that you cannot obtain by any other method.
- Your mind starts working on your plan. It starts to occupy more of your thinking time.
- You start dare I say ‘day-dreaming ‘ about you goals
2. Your intentions keep your plans in the forefront of your mind. Whenever you’re thinking about what you intend to do, you’re reminded of your goals. If you intend to lose weight, for example, you’ll catch yourself thinking about what you’ll do today to lose weight—what you’ll eat and how you’ll burn extra calories.
- Your intentions set you on a path to excel because they are on your mind consistently.
- Opportunities will come your way that will help you move toward your goals. WARNING they will usually disguised as hard work.
3. You can have short-term intentions and longer term intentions. A short-term intention might be going to work every day and excelling in some small way.
- A longer term intention might be doing your best work consistently so you can earn a promotion.
- A short term intention could be sign up for a 2 day business course
- Ensure you have both levels of intentions in place to keep you progressing in a positive direction.
4. You’re in control. When it comes to having intentions, it’s up to you to decide what you want in life and what you’ll do to achieve it. A wonderful thing about an intention is that you make a conscious decision to accomplish something. You develop focus.
- Intentions could be looked at as mini goal steps to move you toward a bigger goal. Your intention is to read a report. The report gives you the knowledge to act on an opportunity and because you acted, you made a profit which makes you closer to your financial goal.
5. Having intentions gives you confidence. When you intend to do something, you’re optimistic because you know deep inside that you will do it. As a result, you become quite confident in your quest for the good life. You have a plan and you’re going for it.
- Your intentions bring self-assurance to galvanize your efforts to live your dreams with passion.
- You see distractions for what they are. Things that take you away from your goal.
6. Others may view you as a role model. We’re all looking for someone to look up to, to receive guidance from, and to set a clear, positive example for us. Your intentions say a lot about you and enable you to be the one that others look up to.
- As a role model, you’re more likely to rise to the occasion and continue setting up powerful intentions in your life to take you where you hope to go. Everybody wins when you know your intentions.
7. More aware of opportunities that will move you forward. When your intentions are aligned with your goals, opportunities for learning or skill development will come your way.
You’ll live a life you truly want when you know what you’re going to do with it. Your intentions provide powerful guidelines, bring you confidence, and spark your motivation to live your best life each day!
Chat soon and God bless