Do you ever hit the wall? That place where you not sure you can continue and you’re not sure if you want to. The promise of better things has faded and all you can see is the struggle. You have lost the vision, the self-talk has gone from “I can do this, I can conquer the world” to “one more day, one more debt or I can’t see myself getting out of this”
Hi and welcome back to Barrworld.com. Today I’d like to explore some ways that you can move beyond the point where all seems lost and how to get your motivation back. Sometimes you just run out of gas. You feel like you’re getting nowhere and there is so much to do. You feel overwhelmed and if you’re not careful your dreams of a better life will die and you will settle for the crumbs that others offer you.
Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way. – Les Brown
Whether it’s losing weight, working on a business idea, finishing school, restoring your marriage or trying to land a new dream job, being motivated can make all the difference between success and defeat. We have a dream, we have set the goal, and we have a compelling why, so where can I find my motivation and keep it? How can I rise to the challenge one more time?
There are winners, there are losers and there are people who have not yet learned how to win. –Les Brown
1. We can find motivation from those around you. The world is filled with those who could have made it, yet didn’t for any number of reasons. They are smarter than you, they have more ability than you, yet he fail to live up to his potential. It is also filled with many successful people who are motivating themselves each day to reach higher and achieve more.
- The great news is that you can draw lots of motivation from both types of people. Those who haven’t achieved much can serve as reminder of where you probably don’t want to be and why you’re working so hard to reach success. People that are enjoying great amounts of success can give you a concrete vision of where you can one day be.
- In addition, seeing others like you becoming successful reinforces the idea that it is indeed possible to turn your own dream into a reality. If they can do it so can you.
- If others can be successful, then why can’t you? Rather than coming up with reasons why you can’t reach success, focus on discovering all the reasons why you can! Learn their story and how they did the things that made them successful. Interview them and learn from their experience.
2. Remember your WHY. You have big dreams and goals but one of the things you need to discover is why you what to be successful. It could to be to have a better life or get out of debt. It could also be to be able to provide for an aging family member or give to your favorite charity.
Find out what it is you want, and go after it as if your life depends on it. Why? Because it does,” –Les Brown
- A major part of being successful is reminding yourself why you’re doing all these preparations.
- When you remember your “why,” you’ll devote more focused energy into your preparation to achieve outstanding results.
- It’s important to stay centered on the reason you’re doing something, and if you’re unable to come up with a reason, perhaps you should be doing something else.
3. Believe in yourself. When you’re in the trenches, working hard each day to grind your way to victory, it can be easy to question yourself and your abilities. Add a little negativity from someone and a feeling you’re not making progress and you can get in a funk and believe you can’t keep up the pace to achieve your goals
- Stay positive and have faith in your skills and hard work. Otherwise you’ll be planting a seed of doubt in everything that you do.
- Remaining positive can be a challenge, yet part of the entire idea of having faith in yourself has much to do with continuing to move forward even when you’re not clear where your steps will take you.
- This means that, even if you’re not sure exactly how you’re going to achieve your goal, you can still take steps towards that goal, knowing in your heart that you’ll successfully cross any bridges once they present themselves.
Practice using these techniques each day and soon you’ll find that motivation seems to come naturally to you. Your lackluster efforts will be a thing of the past as you boldly go forward into your shining future of success!
“Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
Chat Soon And God Bless