I always enjoy having coffee.
I also think this idea has the possibility of meeting the needs of a lot of people. I think we should have another coffee to talk through the idea and get some ideas of what the expectations are.
My business idea is a bit smaller than you may be thinking.
My idea is we help people create a epub of some kind that solves a problem or meets a need. We could do this as a training course or as a “club” but based on the following pattern
1) Everyone brings their idea forward.
2) I research it to see if there is a market for that product
3) Once we have something that looks promising, they write the book, report or pamphlet. I /we help them with the editing and working to the publishing. This would create the product.
4) I create the website to promote the product. This we would sell for $10 -$30
5) I work with the client to create regular posts and keep the site current. They write the content I edit and post.
6) I do this for percentage of the profit or after we talked maybe a fee and a percentage. My thoughts is you would never ask the client for any money but set the agreement so only the profits can be used. Still thinking about this point. I’d like to set it up so if the web site makes money we all make money but if it is a flop nobody loses their shirt.
7) I would work with the client to work out what marketing was need to promote the web site.
8) I would meet with the client at least once a month to give them a check or not.
I think your take away from our chat is a little bit down the road. Neither of us have the experience we need to a fee per hour gig.
I’m also thinking that that’s not where my head is at the moment. I’m looking at what I can do to create passive income.
The model would be
1) Work on a project to completion and creation of a product
2) Promote the product
3) Cash in on the effort and make it as autopilot as possible
4) Move to the next Project.
As we get known in the web business and have some successful history we can do the consulting thing if we want but at a bit higher rate than you are thinking. Maybe a couple hundred/thousand an hour?
Thanks for the chat on Friday it helped me think through a number of issues.