Whether you are self-employed or work for some on else, you need to get the most out of your day. But have you ever spent the whole day being very busy but at the end of the day you felt like you didn’t get anything accomplished?
Welcome back to BarrWorld.com. Getting the most out of our day is what we should all be focused on but sometimes we lose sight of the prize. As a self-employed person you need to be working on things that get results. It’s just some days you need to clear the clutter of your mind and focus in on the task at hand.
If you not self-employed, which when you get right down to it we all are, you also need to deliver your very best. Why, because one day you may have your own business and it is easier to develop the habits of hard work when you work for someone else and then as you transition to your own startup then hard work and smart work will come naturally to you.
Let’s look at 8 ways you can become a better worker by working on you. These are some methods to use in the workplace to help you think better.
1. Clarify your purpose. Remind yourself about WHY your work matters so you’ll feel more motivated. To do this you need a set of clear goals and a compelling reason for accomplishing them. Maybe you want to help a customer have a better day or ensure your company passes its financial audit.
2. Tap into your unconscious. Put aside difficult dilemmas and do some routine paperwork. The answers may come to you naturally. A work of caution on this because you can put it off so long it becomes a crisis. That means you are just procrastinating and we talked about that last week
3. Focus on ONE thing. Resolve to tackle one issue at a time and take it as far as you can. Finish it or get it to a point where you can stop and leave it until you get the information you need.
4. Accept distractions. Getting frustrated over distractions can waste more energy than the distractions themselves. Take note of the events around you and calmly bring your mind back to your work.
5. Focus on learning. Don’t know how to do something. Set some time in the project to learn what you need to complete the task. This is the benefit of working for someone else; you get to learn the important skills on someone else’s nickel. Always strive to learn all you can,
6. Use positive self-talk. Encourage yourself to buckle down by appreciating your own efforts and talents. You are talking to yourself anyways it might as well be positive. You should also celebrate small victories and congratulate yourself on making progress.
7. Recognize your emotions. It’s natural to feel anxious at work and swamped by conflicting demands. There will always be more work than time. In fact if you have enough time to finish all your work you should be concerned that you will be looking for a new job because work is not being assigned to you. As long as we have more work than time, be gentle with yourself when times get tough. Everyone has one of “those” days, learn to handle you emotions in a positive way. Maybe an early lunch or a walk to the coffee shop will be just the thing to get you back on track.
8. Look for the funny side of things. Humor makes everything feel better. Remember to laugh with people not at people. Humor makes the worst day seem a bit easier to deal with.
So there you have it. 8 ways to work on yourself to make you day’s more productive.
Do you have some suggestions of how to make you day more productive by focusing on YOU?
Leave a comment and tell me how you work on yourself to become more productive.
Next week we will talk about things you can DO to be more productive.
God Bless and Chat soon