Sometimes you just need to “do” things to make headway. Progress and success happen when we put our actions to our goals
Hi and welcome back the BarrWorld.com. So my last post talked about what you could change about you to get things done. Here is the link if you’d like to read it. This week are going to focus in on things you can DO to get things done.
Here are 8 great habits to integrate into your work life. It doesn’t matter if you are a paid employee or you an entrepreneur, these ideas will help you get the most out of your day.
1. Come in early. Schedule your most challenging tasks for the hours before the crowds arrive. You can get so much more done when the office is quiet. Your diligence may even impress your boss.
2. Clean your desk. A tidy desk makes it easier to think straight. Put unnecessary papers and supplies away from view. Blast your computer keyboard with compressed air and wipe it with a soft cloth from time to time to keep it from becoming an eyesore. It’s always easier to work in a clean environment. I have a few problems with this one but I’m working on it.
3. Take a walk. Physical exercise is good for the body and the mind. A spin around the block or a trip to the corner store may help you achieve a breakthrough when you return. Just make sure you’re not procrastinating.
4. Write stuff down. Stop wasting time struggling to remember your best ideas. Carry around a notebook or jot stuff down on a notepad app in your smart phone. Keep a journal or a diary with your ideas and thoughts in. You never know when the Million dollar idea is going to hit you.
5. Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation causes mental confusion. Getting to bed on time makes you more productive. Stick to a regular schedule even on weekends.
6. Drink more water. Staying hydrated prevents fatigue and promotes mental sharpness. Fill up a water bottle and carry it everywhere with you. If you need help adjusting to the taste of plain water, add some lemon or lime. Coffee doesn’t count. Sigh
7. Eat frequently. Your brain needs nourishment, but digesting heavy meals can slow it down. Eat a breakfast of foods that are dense in nutrients and low in calories. Good choices include yogurt, whole grain toast, and fresh fruit. Snack on nuts or a cup of soup if you need something to tide you over until lunch.
8. Dress comfortably. Modern offices often range from chilly to tropical. Dress in layers so you can adjust to the climate. Our brains work best when our bodies are protected from temperature extremes. I know if my hands and feet are cold I can’t think.
So there you are 8 things you can do to make yourself more effective.
There are a ton of other things you can do to make your work move along. What are some of your habits that help you get more done? Leave a comment and share.
God Bless and chat soon